defMON is the C64-software that I’ve been using for the last 15 years or so. My computer compadre Mad Frantic made it, and I’ve helped him out with a few suggestions and ideas over the years.
The newest version includes some new sync features, like synchronizing two defMONs by connecting two C64s to the same disk drive (or just straight into the other). You can now also nudge the tempo, back or forth, to stay in sync with your local brass band. So yeah, good times they are a coming!
We are also closer than ever to actually making some video tutorials to defMON so perhaps the number of defMON-users will rise to a two digit number in the future..
I’m playing a show together with Lazer Zebras (hey, brand new album!) for this party/exhibition and release party for Digi-Kuti #57, a comics/zine which I believe will contain some PETSCII and Teletext and stuff. Tommi Musturi is partly behind this, so I think we’re all in for a treat. Also playing: 64mula (FI), Draama-Helmi & Kuupuu (FI), Fyoelk (BE), Keränen (FI), Marjatta (FI) and Ray Manta (AUS).
Station of Commons provides streaming Open Source technology for Kuticlub vs Musa Ullakolla.
Station of Commons is an ongoing Collaborative initiative by Grégoire Rousseau (Helsinki) and Juan Gomez (Geneva) Initiated in February 2020, Station of Commons investigates the
possibilities of reappropriating technology within public space. The
point of departure of the research questions both centralized knowledge and data centers operated by major organizations and its underlyingsocial implications. What are the interdependences between the users, the providers, the services, the technology and related knowledge at work? And how to rethink another model of shared empowerment situated in time and space unique to its agent, or communities?
(You may listen to the gigs as well through SoC site.)
THE CLUB TAKES PLACE IN A VIRTUAL “PARADISE” AND SOME OTHER “ROOMS” IN THE SWGBBO VIRTUAL WORLD.
GO TO -> http://fak.ovh/
BUILD YOUR CHARACTER AND ENJOY THE FUTURE!
(Detailed instructions below, dont be scared, it is really easy! No entrance fee!)
HOW TO GET IN TO THE PARTY WORLD:
0. Creating your character in advance is recommended ! Swgbbo is open all the time, you can go there whenever.
1. Using Chrome, go to http://fak.ovh/
2. Click “Register for free” to create your user account. There are no email checks, you can use a fake address. Click on “TO SWGBBO” button. The room links from the main page don’t work.
3. Allow Flash. This can be done by clicking on the lock icon next to the address bar in Chrome. Click “site settings”, navigate to Flash and switch it to allow.
4. You can move the youtube window from the border dragging it around the window. You can also minimize the window from the top bar. Youtube window will have live visuals on the event
5. You can edit your character’s appearance by clicking on “Me” + “Clothes” in the bottom taskbar. In the same taskbar, click on “Rooms” to see the list of available rooms in the Isolation club. Click on a room’s title to enter…
6. Walk around and get to know the rooms and objects in them. You can double click on certain objects to use them. There are also doors and teleports that will transport you to another room with a double click.
7. You can DANCE and do other stuff by clicking on your character. You can also edit your character’s appearance from here.
8. Talk by typing your message in the box at the bottom of the screen.
9. Toggle music on or off and adjust the volume from the controls in the upper left corner.
10. Create your own after party rooms as you please!
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK!
ANSCII? Yes, it’s text graphics made with ASCII-characters (Amiga, with the Mo Soul font) and ANSI-colours. (I think I just made that name up though) This was just out in the latest release from Impure, one of my favourite text graphics crews around. Check it out below or at 16colo.rs.
This is a streamed event from Las Vegas and I’m playing together with Ray Manta and Jellica (my fellow Hack n’ Trade dudes) as well as Beat Ratio and Gajtron. It’s 29 August and I’ll play in the early evening (European time). There will also be talks and stuff – check out the details here!
Here’s a recording of my thing:
808642 is my new release to celebrate 808-day (8/8) like a real drum machine freak. You get some electro, techno, some sort of pop, drum n’ bass and some slow beats.
Just like 80864 it uses primarily TR-808 and Commodore 64, but also other things. A lot of the songs are based on jams, and the last song is actually a 15 minute jam that I didn’t have time to finish properly, but I included it anyway.
I played a live show from home for Kenobit‘s Twitch-stream, Kenobisbosch. From dub-electronica to acid to electro, pretty much? I tried a new setup (that I should’ve tried ages ago): two C64s, Amiga 600, the ER-1 drum machine and two effects (a boss delay and a Fusionbox, which stopped working half way through).
Since my camera bailed out on me a few times, I asked to have the Venezuelan poodle moth replace me. You’ll hardly notice the difference.
Okay, two shows in Netherlands coming up soon!
1 February: Eindbaas at EKKO in Utrecht along with Boa Constructor, 4ntler, Megathrive and IXIIXI.
30 January: Byte Me in Pier 15 Skatepark in Breda together with RoccoW, Monodeer, Wisefire, 4ntler, DJ Nomad, VJ Chipwarrior and hoppiescotch.
Be here or be there!
PETSCII – A Character Set and a Creative Platform is an article that Markku Reunanen, Tero Heikkinen and me wrote two years ago. It’s published in Replay, the Polish journal of game studies, and is available as a PDF free to download.
Today there’s Allhelgonafest at Truckstop Alaska with me (and Cuadrigula on visuals), The Toilet & Ljudit Andersson, Bruce Leenus and Venguns playing. The theme of the evening is TECHNICAL ERROR so you can expect lots of lovely errorism all around.
Remember to become a member of Truckstop (for free) before you come, if you aren’t already. (Truckstop Alaska is closing at the end of the year, so this is one of your last chances to visit one of the most legendary venues in Göteborg.)